Some things to be aware of...
- You CANNOT use I-CAN!® E-File to file your State return by itself;
you can do your Federal and State returns together or your Federal return by itself.
If you have already e-filed your Federal return with another software, you cannot
use I-CAN!® E-File.
- You can generally use I-CAN!® E-File unless you (or your spouse, if filing
together) are in the military, are a church employee, are a non-resident alien,
sold real estate or you or your employer have a non-US address. For more information,
see the Limitations of I-CAN!®
- Please only use the letters in the English alphabet for your name and throughout
your return. Do not include accent marks or special characters (for example: ñ).
If you include special characters, your e-filing will be delayed.
- Please make sure you have ALL of your tax documents before you e-file. You
may start entering your information into I-CAN!® E-File before you have all
of your documents and click "SAVE/EXIT" before you get to the e-file confirmation
- Please review your forms to make sure your information is correct and check to
see that you are receiving the credits you think you should receive before you e-file.
For more information, see the Credits and
Forms I-CAN!® E-File Supports. Once you e-file you cannot change your
information. If you discover that your return is not complete or not correct after
your return is accepted, you will need to amend your return and you cannot do this
using I-CAN!® E-File. We want you to be satisfied with I-CAN!® E-File.
Please make sure you do not e-file your return until you have reviewed your tax